Hi, I’m Savannah.
I’m a fitness junkie with a love for the written word. I created says savannah because I don’t have the patience for journaling but needed somewhere I could let my creativity flow.
I love to write, particularly about what makes me who I am. You’ll find posts about creativity, writing, fitness and health, the outdoors and more on my blog. To me, writing is about exploring all my curiosities and loves.
I have a bachelor’s degree in business communication and currently work as a content manager for a PR agency in Boulder. Anything that requires me to craft phrases, sentences or paragraphs makes me happy.
In the mornings, you’ll find me up at 5 a.m. to walk my energetic dogs, Harley and Copper. In the evenings, you’ll find me dashing to the gym, logging miles on bike or foot, or pumping iron at my local box. Beyond writing, moving my body and spending time outdoors are how I decompress.
Here are 10 essential facts you should know about me:
- I hate cats and love dogs.
- I believe confidence is the most attractive characteristic anyone can have, which is why the word is tattooed in my rib cage.
- I also have a giraffe tattooed on my rib cage. Giraffes are my favorite animals.
- I used to be a vegetarian, but now I love steak. I’ve been known to call myself a “beefy lady.”
- I moved to Colorado because, like most everyone else here, I love the mountains. I mean it, though. I hike every weekend.
- Though I love to hike, I’m terrified of scrambling over rocks. I hope to conquer that fear one day and summit Long’s Peak.
- I exercise six days a week and still try to fit in some short walks on my rest day.
- Holden Caulfield is my literary soulmate. He said it best: “People always clap for the wrong things.”
- My favorite time of day is the hour before the sun rises.
- I prefer to eat my meals with a salad fork.