Hi, I’m Savannah.
I’m a fitness junkie with a love for the written word. I created says savannah because I don’t have the patience for journaling but needed somewhere I could let my creativity flow.
I love to write, particularly about what makes me who I am. You’ll find posts about running, fitness, healthy eating, mental health and more on my blog. To me, writing is about exploring all my curiosities and loves.
I have a bachelor’s degree in business communication and am staking a career in the world of writing. I’ve written for various publications and organizations on a variety of topics and platforms. Anything that requires me to craft phrases, sentences and paragraphs makes me happy.
In the mornings, you’ll find me up at 5 a.m. to walk my energetic dogs, Harley and Copper. In the evenings, you’ll find me dashing to the gym, logging miles on bike or foot, or pumping iron at my local box.
I’ve raced six half-marathons and multiple 10ks and 5ks, so I like to call myself a runner. Having a subscription to Runner’s World helps with my street cred. I recently took up CrossFit as well, and now my thighs are big enough to crush someone’s skull.
I spend my weekends exploring the mountains with my husband, or venturing to nearby sites and festivals (but only on rest days, of course).
Here are 10 essential facts you should know about me:
- I hate cats and love dogs.
- I believe confidence is the most attractive characteristic anyone can have, which is why the word is tattooed in my rib cage.
- I also have a giraffe tattooed on my rib cage. Giraffes are my favorite animals.
- I used to be a vegetarian, but now I love steak. I’ve been known to call myself a “beefy lady.”
- I moved to Colorado so I could join the ranks of our country’s craziest fitness junkies.
- I exercise six days a week and still try to fit in some short walks on my rest day.
- I love to hike but am terrified of scrambling over rocks. I hope to conquer that fear one day and summit Long’s Peak.
- Holden Caulfield is my literary soulmate. He said it best: “People always clap for the wrong things.”
- My favorite time of day is the hour before the sun rises.
- I prefer to eat my meals with a salad fork.